Mounts are creatures or objects that act as vehicles that a player can use for transportation or dealing damage. When a mount-summoning item is used, it applies an unlimited buff to the player, spawns the mount, and places the player on or in it. Mount movement can be controlled using the player's usual movement keys. Like Pets and Minions. mounts can be used limitlessly, and their summoning items are not consumed. Only one Mount can be in effect at a time. Mounts will Unequip automatically when you die.
Mounts are affected by armor set Bonus effects, e.g. if riding a unicorn with full hallowed armor, the unicorn will have a pulsing outline (however, some dyes such as the Hades dyes can make this hard to spot).
Weapons and tools (as well as any other item, except Hooks ) can be used while riding a Mount, with the exception of the Drill Mount. On the console version you can not use tools on mounts as the player will dismount.
All mount items can be placed in the mount slot and then summoned with
and can be Dyed. Equipping a mount provides a short burst of light.
There are currently 12 Mounts, each with varying abilities and movement statistics. All mount summoning items have the Yellow rarity. except for the Shrimpy Truffle, having a Rainbow rarity due to it being from a Treasure Bag.
Mounts cannot have any prefixes or be reforged unless cheats are used.
See this guide for a comparison of the jump/flight heights of the mounts stacked with various Movement Accessories .
- Regardless of their flight abilities, activating a Mount will deplete a player's flight time with Wings and Rocket Boot derivatives.
- It is important to note that when using mounts with infinite flight, such as the Drill, Cute Fishron or UFO, if your character is not on the ground, their mana will regenerate as though they were moving, even if stationary. As such, mages who rely on mana regeneration may find such mounts unfavorable in some situations, although Shiny Stone still activates when you are stationary on any mount.
- 1.3.3 . Introduced the Ancient Horn .
- Console 1.07 Holiday Update . Console introduced Bunny Mount, Pigron Mount, Turtle Mount, and Rudolph Mount.
- 18.104.22.168 . Fixed the 'allow mounting' check not taking player's velocity into account, fixing the mounting into ceiling exploit.
- 22.214.171.124 . Added Brain Scrambler (item). Drill Containment Unit. Cosmic Car Key. Blessed Apple and Shrimpy Truffle. Added the ability to use weapons and items while on a mount.
- 1.2.4 . Added 5 new mounts. They are summoned using the Slimy Saddle. Honeyed Goggles. Fuzzy Carrot. Scaly Truffle and Hardy Saddle respectively. The Minecart was also added; while it is not technically a mount by itself, it can be ridden by right-clicking Minecart Tracks .
- 126.96.36.199 . Fixed bug where players would fall into tiles when walking into a ceiling with a mount. Fixed bug where capes did not show properly when mounted.
- 1.2.3 . Fixed bug where wings appear too high when on a mount, made hoverboard not appear on a mount.
- 1.2.2 . Added Reindeer Bells .
Tools: Usual Tools • Grappling Hooks • Summoning Tools • Other Tools